Thank you for your interest in LIFE@Home!
The full name of our group is Loving Individual Families Educating at Home. LIFE@Home exists to support Christian families who educate their children at home.
How does LIFE@Home (L@H) support member families?
We are a loving, encouraging community that desires to point to Jesus in all things. The L@H forum provides a place for members to ask questions, share ideas, get to know one another, and promote events of interest to homeschoolers. Members are encouraged to initiate activities, classes, workshops, field trips, Mom’s nights, etc, and invite L@H families to join them. L@H also supports Christian homeschooling families by affiliating with organizations such as Oregon Christian Home Education Association Network (www.oceanetwork.org).
Is LIFE@Home a Co-op?
LIFE@Home does not offer classes on a formal basis. But as a member of the group, you may meet some like-minded moms and decide to get a small group together every so often, such as for art or science, for example. We love and encourage that, and there are numerous such small groups within our membership.
How does LIFE@Home communicate as a group?
We have a private mobilize.io group, with membership by invitation only. Once you are a member of L@H, we’ll get you signed in to the group. You can find our group events there, as well as member contacts, items for sale, interesting files and links, etc. We require all members to join this mobilize.io group, as this is the primary way we communicate group information.
My children are not yet school-age; can I still join LIFE@Home?
Yes! It is a wonderful idea to connect with like-minded families early in the homeschooling journey. L@H is open to Christian families that consider themselves homeschooling families. Many current members feel that they began the adventure of homeschooling the day their baby was born.
My children have all graduated from K-12 homeschooling; can I still join LIFE@Home?
Yes! Just as our homeschooling journeys may begin before our children were in Kindergarten, the journey does not just stop abruptly when they turn 18 or 19. Our homeschooling community will be healthier and stronger with seasoned home educators participating and sharing their wisdom with those of us still in the trenches. Likewise, we don’t want to see moms losing their community of fellowship simply because they successfully launched their children into adulthood!
Does it cost money to be a LIFE@Home member?
All LIFE@Home members must agree with the following Statement of Faith:
(You will have the opportunity to read and sign this statement during the application process.)
LIFE@Home is a homeschool support group, existing to support the needs of Christian homeschooling families. As a member of LIFE@Home, I agree with these basic tenets of the Christian faith:
- The Bible, verbally inspired by God, is the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
- There is only one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died for our sins. He rose bodily from the grave and ascended into heaven and will one day return to establish His kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit empowers all Christ followers.
- People are created in the image of God, but willfully sinned, separating us from God. Therefore, all are born with a sin nature, commit acts of sin, and are in desperate need of the saving work of Christ Jesus.
- Salvation is provided solely by the grace of God, by faith in Jesus Christ, not by any type of human merit or good works.
I agree with the above statement of faith, and will, to the best of my abilities and with the Lord’s help, strive to support my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ as we seek the Lord’s will in our schooling and parenting.
I would like to be a part of the LIFE@Home community! How can I join?
If you have any questions about our group, or are ready to request a New Member Application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.